Sept. 11, 2012
- With flu season just around the corner, it’s time to review the evidence and decide if you are going to listen to the media and public health authorities and choose to receive the flu vaccine for yourself or your family
- Recent reports warn that a new variant strain of the H3N2 influenza A virus – H3N2v – has been identified in the U.S. in children and adults who were in direct contact with pigs at county fairs. Despite CDC assurances that the swine-origin variant H3N2 virus is still principally limited to pigs and poses a very limited threat for human-to-human transmission, the FDA recently reminded the public that the influenza A H3N2 virus is one of the three viruses that was selected last spring to be included in the 2012-2013 seasonal flu vaccine formulation (emphasis added by blog owner)
- The 2012-2013 seasonal flu vaccine distributed in the US will also contain the 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus strain, along with an influenza B virus strain – B/Wisconsin/1/2010-like virus
- The fast-tracked pandemic 2009 H1N1 swine flu vaccine turned out to be particularly reactive – far more reactive than previous seasonal flu vaccines. Will this season’s trivalent flu vaccine – containing both H1N1 and an H3N2 virus – be as reactive?
"The reason the CDC is concerned about this particular virus is that it contains an element seen in the pandemic 2009 swine flu strain, H1N1, which may make it more likely for the virus to spread from person-to-person," US News Health reports.4According to this media report (which does not explain the discrepancy between a detection of "29 cases" with the detected "154 cases" the CDC is reporting), symptoms of the H3N2 flu are similar to seasonal flu. However it's well worth noting that not one of the recent 16 cases required hospitalization. And no deaths have resulted from it so far. Last year, three people with underlying disease did require hospitalization.
"All 29 cases were infected with strains of H3N2 'that contained the matrix (m) gene from the influenza A H1N1 pandemic virus,' Bresee explained. 'This 'm' gene may confer increased transmissibility to and among humans, compared with other variant influenzas viruses.'
In addition, the virus appears to have become more active recently, the CDC said. 'The virus was first detected in humans in July 2011, and since then there have been 29 total cases of H3N2 variant virus detected, including the 16 cases occurring in the last three weeks,' Bresee said.
...Each of the recent 16 cases were among people who had direct contact with pigs. In 15 cases, contact happened at a county fair... Fortunately, sustained person-to-person transmission of the virus hasn't happened yet, he added." [Emphasis by Dr. Mercola]
Since this strain is a pig virus, the CDC sensibly advises limiting your contact with swine, and avoiding all contact with sick swine. If you do have contact with swine, make sure you wash your hands, and do not eat or drink in the vicinity of the animals.
While it's prudent to be aware that influenza viruses can be transmitted between animals and humans and a pandemic could occur, what we've repeatedly seen is that this slim possibility is massively over-sold, allowing drug companies to rake in billions of dollars for inadequately tested vaccines and other dangerous and/or ineffective anti-viral drugs.
In recent years we've seen a number of media hyped flu pandemics that never materialized. Sadly, each time a greater number of people ended up being harmed by the drugs and vaccines than died from the "pandemic" virus:
- The non-existent 1976 swine flu pandemic: In 1976 the U.S. acted out the first swine flu pandemic scare, devising a vaccine program in which 45 million people were vaccinated for a swine flu epidemic that never came. The hastily created mass vaccination program resulted in hundreds of Guillain-Barre Syndrome paralysis victims and 25 deaths for a flu pandemic that failed to materialize. Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims, who were permanently disabled from the vaccine, and more people died from the vaccine than from the virus itself.
- The 2005 bird flu hoax: Headlines warned the U.S. was facing a cataclysmic extermination event, with a calculated two million Americans succumbing to the bird flu. The best case scenario called for the death of 200,000 Americans. Then, as now, constant references to the tragedy of 1918 heightened the fear factor to a fever pitch, despite the fact that the scientific data did not support the aggressively hyped claims that instilled fear and panic in a lot of Americans. The formula public health officials used to project the numbers of people who would die from the proposed 2005 bird flu pandemic as that they translated the minuscule number of deaths of bird handlers that had occurred worldwide into an impending extermination-level event from a virus that did not – and still does not – readily spread from birds to humans, nor between humans.
- Bird flu hoax repeats: In 2006, 2007, and again in 2008, media hyped warnings over the bird flu were repeatedly exposed as little more than orchestrated efforts to instill fear and line the pocketbooks of the pharmaceutical industry and various special interest groups connected with the pharmaceutical industry.
- The 2009 swine flu hoax: After four consecutive years of bird flu warnings that just refused to come to fruition, the H1N1 swine flu became front-page news again. This turned out to be yet another faux threat that cost tax payers billions of dollars, and in which fast tracked pandemic H1N1 vaccines were pushed on millions of people. The 2009 H1N1 vaccine was one of the most reactive flu vaccines ever created and, just like its 1976 predecessor, harmed far more people than the virus itself.
Most of the people who acquire bird-origin influenza virus infection were, and still are, bird handlers in continuous contact with sick birds. However, when it comes to keeping the public in constant fear of infectious diseases, often common sense is thrown out the window...
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride has identified a brilliant strategy to help assess children who may be at higher risk for developing side effects from vaccines of all kinds. In her extensive experience it is often related to poor gut flora, which is typically transferred from the mother who was compromised due to an unbalanced diet, antibiotics and/or birth control pills. She maintains that children with compromised gut flora are at the highest risk for developing these infections and can often suffer neurological damage.
(Watch the 2 videos also included in this article)