October 21, 2013
- A new report reveals that proper use of certain nutritional supplements in protective doses could save the American healthcare system BILLIONS of dollars each year in avoided hospitalizations
- However, researchers failed to evaluate the full impact of vitamin D on chronic disease. If they had, the annual savings in the US alone would have been in the trillions
- Use of omega-3 supplements among adults aged 55 and over diagnosed with coronary heart disease could reduce annual hospital costs by more than $2 billion annually, on average
- If every person over the age of 55 with age-related eye disease were to take lutein and zeaxanthin at preventive dosage levels, medical savings would average $57.4 million per year
- According to the 2013 GAO Dietary Supplements report, there were 488 times as many adverse reactions reported for prescription drugs as from supplements
- Data from the EU indicate that pharmaceutical drugs are 62,000 times more likely to kill you as dietary supplements, but the average underreporting rate of drug ADRs is 94 percent, which means that risk may be even greater
Smart Prevention Could Save Healthcare System BILLIONS Each Year
Supplements Used to Treat Brain Injuries
Who Benefits by Scaring You Away from Dietary Supplements When They Could Reduce Health Care Costs by More Than $11 Billion Annually?
Data Shows the Safety of Supplements
When Greed Rules, Obvious Solutions Are Ignored...