December 18, 2012
- Since 2010, more than 75 U.S. and Canadian communities have voted to end water fluoridation
- Most recently, in Kirkland Lake, a community of 9,000 in Northeastern Ontario, Canada, the city council unanimously voted in favor of a motion to not add fluoride to the town’s water
- Council members, and the town’s mayor, voiced ethical concerns about adding fluoride to the water supply without informed consent, as well as health concerns, such as the amount of fluoride babies ingest when drinking fluoridated tap water
- Fluoride compounds like fluorosilicic acid are toxic industrial waste products, which can also be contaminated with lead, arsenic, radionucleotides, aluminum and other industrial contaminants; along with posing a grave risk to the environment, fluoride is linked to numerous human health risks
10 Facts About Water Fluoridation Everyone Should Know
If you live in the United States, then you undoubtedly have been exposed to mass psychological conditioning. With the average American being accosted with thousands of advertisements each day, whether blatant or not, many pieces of "conventional wisdom" are actually contrived and implanted into society. One method of doing so is through driving public opinion -- the idea that if most people believe it, then it must be true.
This is the case with water fluoridation, which most have been "brainwashed" to believe is safe and beneficial for your teeth. In reality, here are 10 facts that will help to open your eyes about what's really being added to your drinking water:
- Bottle-fed infants receive the highest doses of fluoride as they rely solely on liquids for food, combined with their small size. A baby being fed formula receives approximately 175 times more fluoride than a breast-fed infant
- There is not a single biological process in your body that requires fluoride
- A multi-million dollar U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) -funded study found no relation between tooth decay and the amount of fluoride ingested by children
- Water fluoridation cannot prevent the oral health crises that results from inadequate nutrition and lack of access to dental care
- Water fluoridation is a violation of your inviolable right to consent to, and be properly informed about, the medications we are being given
- Forty-one percent of all American children aged 12-15 are now impacted by dental fluorosis, rising to more than 60 percent of children in fluoridated communities
- The chemicals used to fluoridate water supplies are largely hazardous byproducts of the fertilizer industry and have never been required to undergo randomized clinical trials for safety or effectiveness by any regulatory agency in the world
- The U.S. FDA classifies ingested fluoride for purposes of reducing tooth decay as an "unapproved drug"
- Ingesting fluoride has been found to damage soft tissues (brain, kidneys, and endocrine system), as well as teeth (dental fluorosis) and bones (skeletal fluorosis). There are also 36 studies demonstrating a strong relationship between fairly modest exposure to fluoride and reduced IQ in children
- Fluoridation discriminates against those with low incomes. People on low incomes are least able to afford avoidance measures, such as reverse osmosis filters or bottled water. Moreover, those with poor nutrition are more vulnerable to fluoride's toxic effects.