Use This to Remove Splinters -- and to Address Many Other Health Needs
Dr. Mercola, M.D., D.O., August 27 2012http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/27/baking-soda-natural-remedy.aspx?e_cid=20120827_DNL_artNew_2
- Baking soda is one of the safest and most versatile substances around; it’s useful not only for baking but for countless medicinal [ulcers, splinters, foot soak, exfoliator, detox bath] and household purposes
- Taken internally, baking soda helps maintain the pH balance in your bloodstream; this is likely the basic premise behind its recommended uses against both colds and influenza symptoms
- Baking soda is useful for treating minor ailments like sunburn and insect bites, it works as a natural deodorant [avoid parabens and aluminum, try a pinch of baking soda mixed with water instead] and toothpaste [plaque-busting tooth and gum paste, teeth whitener], and it can be used for cleaning virtually every room in your home
“In 1918 and 1919 while fighting the ‘flu’ with the U. S. Public Health Service, it was brought to my attention that rarely anyone who had been thoroughly alkalinized with bicarbonate of soda contracted the disease, and those who did contract it, if alkalinized early, would invariably have mild attacks.
I have since that time treated all cases of ‘cold,’ influenza and LaGripe by first giving generous doses of bicarbonate of soda, and in many, many instances within 36 hours the symptoms would have entirely abated.
Further, [including]within my own household, before Woman’s Clubs and Parent-Teachers’ Associations, I have advocated the use of bicarbonate of soda as a preventive for 'colds,' with the result that now many reports are coming in stating that those who took 'soda' were not affected, while nearly everyone around them had the 'flu.'Recommended dosages from the Arm & Hammer Company for colds and influenza back in 1925 were:
- Day 1 -- Take six doses of ½ teaspoon of baking soda in glass of cool water, at about two-hour intervals
- Day 2 -- Take four doses of ½ teaspoon of baking soda in glass of cool water, at the same intervals
- Day 3 -- Take two doses of ½ teaspoon of baking soda in glass of cool water morning and evening, and thereafter ½ teaspoon in glass of cool water each morning until cold symptoms are gone